Directed primarily toward undergraduate CIS/MIS college/university majors, this text also provides practical content to current and aspiring industry professionals.
Using MIS shows how businesses use information systems and technology to accomplish their goals, objectives, and competitive strategy. With a new edition now publishing each year, Using MIS, 6e, contains fresh, new, and current material to help keep your students up to date.
Note: this is the standalone book, if you want the book/access card order the ISBN below:
0133131149 / 9780133131147 Using MIS Plus MyMISLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
0133029670 / 9780133029673 Using MIS
0133049132 / 9780133049138 myMISlab with Pearson eText -- Access Card -- for Using MIS
Table of Contents
I. WHY MIS?
1. The Importance of MIS
2. Collaboration Information Systems
3. Strategy and Information Systems
II. INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
4. Hardware, Software, and Mobile Systems
5. Database Processing
6. Data Communication and the Cloud
III. USING IS FOR COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE
7. Processes, Organizations, and Information Systems
8. Social Media Information Systems
9. Business Intelligence Systems
IV. INFORMATION SYSTEMS MANAGEMENT
10. Development Processes
11. Information Systems Management
12. Information Security Management
The International Dimension
Format: Alternate Binding
This title is currently unavailable on myPearsonStore.
We recommend Using MIS, 7th Edition as a replacement.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$97.50 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-304907-7
$40.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-302275-9
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users