This engaging introduction to how people use IS to solve business problems explains why MIS is the most important course in the business school by showing students how businesses use information systems and technology to accomplish their goals, objectives, and competitive strategy. Included are three unique Guides per chapter focusing on the themes of ethics, security, and other timely topics; plus a number of illustrative cases, exercises, projects, and other aids to ensure that students connect the knowledge in the text to everyday life. With a new edition now publishing each year, Using MIS contains fresh, new, and current material to help keep your students up to date.
Teaching and Learning Experience
This program will provide a better teaching and learning experience–for you and your students. Here’s how:
- Personalize learning with MyMISLab–the online homework, tutorial, and assessment program that fosters learning within and beyond the classroom.
- Focus on important themes of ethics, security, and other timely topics through the text’s Guides, designed to help students improve their skills as future business professionals.
- Connect classroom knowledge to everyday life with illustrative cases and a number of exercises and other interactive features.
- Keep content current to help keep your students up to date with the most recent events.
Note: You are purchasing a standalone product; MyMISLab does not come packaged with this content. If you would like to purchase both the physical text and MyMISLab search for ISBN-10: 0133806898/ISBN-13: 9780133806892. That package includes ISBN-10: 0133546438/ISBN-13: 9780133546439 and ISBN-10: 0133548511/ISBN-13: 9780133548518.
MyMISLab is not a self-paced technology and should only be purchased when required by an instructor.
Table of Contents
Part 1: Why MIS? 1
1 The Importance of MIS 3
2 Collaboration Information Systems 35
3 Strategy and Information Systems 81
Part 2: Information Technology 109
4 Hardware, Software, and Mobile Systems 111
5 Database Processing 157
6 The Cloud 197
Part 3: Using IS for Competitive Advantage 239
7 Processes, Organizations, and Information Systems 241
8 Social Media Information Systems 283
9 Business Intelligence Systems 323
Part 4: Information Systems Management 373
10 Development Processes 375
11 Information Systems Management 423
12 Information Security Management 451
The International Dimension 489
Application Exercises 506
Enhance your learning experience with text-specific study materials.
$108.27 | Add to Cart
$109.07 | Add to Cart
Format: Alternate Binding
This item has been upgraded to Using MIS, 8th Edition.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$81.20 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-386146-4
$89.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-354853-2
$44.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-354850-1
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users