Drawing on 50+ years of combined instructional experience, the authors of Welding fuse simplicity and technology to deliver exactly what today’s students need. Built from the ground up -- beginning with an experienced author team’s vision and an extensively reviewed table of contents -- Welding provides essential coverage of safety, theory, key skills, easy-to-read reference charts and tables, detailed step-by-step procedures, and much more. Clear and concise, this consistently-organized, reader-friendly text flows logically and includes just the right amount of information for today’s student.
This is the standalone book, if you want access to the both the book and MyWeldingLab you can order the package below:
0132488183 / 9780132488181 Welding & MyWeldingLab Student
Package consists of:
0132349779 / 9780132349772 Welding
0135114063 / 9780135114063 MyWeldingLab Student Access Code Card
Table of Contents
1. Welding Jobs and Employment Skills
2. Welding Safety
PART II. Commonly Used Welding Processes
3. Shielded Metal Arc Welding
4. Gas Metal Arc Welding
5. Flux Cored Arc Welding
6. Gas Tungsten Arc Welding
PART III. Other Welding and Related Processes
7. Other Welding Processes
8. Cutting Processes
PART IV. Metals and Alloys
9. Metals and Welding Metallurgy
10. Welding Alloys
PART V. Welding Related Concentrations
11. Welding Symbols
12. Welding Codes and Testing
13. Welding Design
14. Welding Costs
15. Power Sources
PART VI. Supplementary Information
Appendix A. Troubleshooting
Appendix B. Conversion
Appendix C. Properties
Appendix D. Pipes and Beams
Appendix E. Load Strength
Appendix F. Periodic Table
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Package ISBN-13: 9780133258233
Includes this title packaged with:
- MyWeldingLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card -- for Welding
David J. Hoffman
$211.87 | Add to Cart
Package ISBN-13: 9780132780766
Includes this title packaged with:
- Welding Lab Manual for Welding
David J. Hoffman, Kevin R. Dahle, David J. Fisher
$210.53 | Add to Cart
Format: Alternate Binding
This item has been upgraded to Welding, 2nd Edition.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$90.10 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-262498-5
$38.50 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-159778-5
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users