For courses in Wills, Trusts, and Estates; Probate Law; and Financial Planning/Estate Planning.
Wills, Trusts, and Estate Administration for Paralegals provides a comprehensive overview of estate planning and probate in a manner that is straightforward and easy to read and understand. Instructor resources include an Instructor’s Manual, PowerPoint lecture slides, and Test Bank, while a book companion site offers study resources for students.
Teaching and Learning Experience:
- Includes frequent hypotheticals to illustrate key concepts and features.
- "The Hypothetical Family" is a running example introduced in Chapter 1 and continued throughout each chapter to exemplify a fictional, but life-like, estate planning and probate scenario.
- Drafting assignments are provided in each chapter, as well as the forms for every assignment.
- Covers all of the major topics, including ethical considerations, and offers solid review and application of concepts.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Estate Planning
- Meeting with an Estate Planning Client: Components of a Basic Estate Plan
- Advance Directives
- Last Wills & Testaments
- Testamentary and Non-Testamentary Trusts
- Guardianships and Conservatorships
- Fiduciary Powers and Duties
- Testate v. Intestate Succession
- Introduction to Estate Administration
- Probate Part 1: Appointment of Personal Representative
- Probate Part 2: Inventory and Appraisal
- Probate Part 3: Creditor’s Claims
- Probate Part 4: Closing the Estate
- Tax Considerations
- Remedies for Improper Administration
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Wills, Trusts, and Estate Administration, CourseSmart eTextbook
Format: Safari Book
$59.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-215135-1