Portable and precise, this pocket-sized guide delivers immediate answers for the day-to-day administration of Windows 7—from desktop configuration and management to networking and security issues. Zero in on core support and maintenance tasks by using quick-reference tables, instructions, and lists. You’ll get the precise information you need to solve problems and get the job done—whether at your desk or in the field!
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Introduction to Windows 7 Administration
- Chapter 2: Deploying Windows 7
- Chapter 3: Configuring User and Computer Policies
- Chapter 4: Automating Windows 7 Configuration
- Chapter 5: Managing User Access and Security
- Chapter 6: Configuring Windows 7 Computers
- Chapter 7: Customizing the Desktop and the User Interface
- Chapter 8: Managing Hardware Devices and Drivers
- Chapter 9: Installing and Maintaining Programs
- Chapter 10: Managing Firmware, Boot Configuration, and Startup
- Chapter 11: Using TPM and BitLocker Drive Encryption
- Chapter 12: Managing Disk Drives and File Systems
- Chapter 13: Managing File Security and Resource Sharing
- Chapter 14: Maintaining Data Access and Availability
- Chapter 15: Configuring and Troubleshooting TCP/IP Networking
- Chapter 16: Managing Mobile Networking and Remote Access
- Chapter 17: Handling Maintenance and Support Tasks
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$17.49 | ISBN-13: 978-0-7356-8969-5