Delve inside Windows architecture and internals—and see how core components work behind the scenes. Led by three renowned internals experts, this classic guide is fully updated for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2—and now presents its coverage in two volumes.
As always, you get critical insider perspectives on how Windows operates. And through hands-on experiments, you’ll experience its internal behavior firsthand—knowledge you can apply to improve application design, debugging, system performance, and support.
In Part 2, you’ll examine:
- Core subsystems for I/O, storage, memory management, cache manager, and file systems
- Startup and shutdown processes
- Crash-dump analysis, including troubleshooting tools and techniques
Table of Contents
- Chapter 8: I/O System
- Chapter 9: Storage Management
- Chapter 10: Memory Management
- Chapter 11: Cache Manager
- Chapter 12: File Systems
- Chapter 13: Startup and Shutdown
- Chapter 14: Crash Dump Analysis
- Contents of Windows Internals, Sixth Edition, Part 1
We're temporarily out of stock, but order now and we'll send it to you later.Back Order
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$19.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-7356-9496-5