Delve inside Windows architecture and internals—and see how core components work behind the scenes. Led by three renowned internals experts, this classic guide is fully updated for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2—and now presents its coverage in two volumes.
As always, you get critical insider perspectives on how Windows operates. And through hands-on experiments, you’ll experience its internal behavior firsthand—knowledge you can apply to improve application design, debugging, system performance, and support.
In Part 2, you’ll examine:
- Core subsystems for I/O, storage, memory management, cache manager, and file systems
- Startup and shutdown processes
- Crash-dump analysis, including troubleshooting tools and techniques
Table of Contents
- Chapter 8: I/O System
- Chapter 9: Storage Management
- Chapter 10: Memory Management
- Chapter 11: Cache Manager
- Chapter 12: File Systems
- Chapter 13: Startup and Shutdown
- Chapter 14: Crash Dump Analysis
- Contents of Windows Internals, Sixth Edition, Part 1