Delve inside Windows architecture and internals—and see how core components work behind the scenes. Led by three renowned internals experts, this classic guide is fully updated for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2—and now presents its coverage in two volumes.
As always, you get critical insider perspectives on how Windows operates. And through hands-on experiments, you’ll experience its internal behavior firsthand—knowledge you can apply to improve application design, debugging, system performance, and support.
In Part 2, you’ll examine:
- Core subsystems for I/O, storage, memory management, cache manager, and file systems
- Startup and shutdown processes
- Crash-dump analysis, including troubleshooting tools and techniques
Table of Contents
- Chapter 8: I/O System
- Chapter 9: Storage Management
- Chapter 10: Memory Management
- Chapter 11: Cache Manager
- Chapter 12: File Systems
- Chapter 13: Startup and Shutdown
- Chapter 14: Crash Dump Analysis
- Contents of Windows Internals, Sixth Edition, Part 1
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
eBook (Watermarked) ?
Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUBThe open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBIThe eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDFThe popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.