Your hands-on, step-by-step guide to automating Windows administration with Windows PowerShell 3.0
Teach yourself the fundamentals of Windows PowerShell 3.0 command line interface and scripting language—one step at a time. Written by a leading scripting expert, this practical tutorial delivers learn-by-doing exercises, timesaving tips, and hands-on sample scripts for performing administrative tasks on both local and remote Windows systems.
Discover how to:
- Use built-in cmdlets to execute commands
- Write scripts to handle recurring tasks
- Use providers to access information beyond the shell environment
- Configure network components with Windows Management Instrumentation
- Manage users, groups, and computers with Active Directory services
- Execute scripts to administer and troubleshoot Microsoft Exchange Server 2010
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Overview of Windows PowerShell 3.0
- Chapter 2: Using Windows PowerShell Cmdlets
- Chapter 3: Understanding and Using PowerShell Providers
- Chapter 4: Using PowerShell Remoting and Jobs
- Chapter 5: Using PowerShell Scripts
- Chapter 6: Working with Functions
- Chapter 7: Creating Advanced Functions and Modules
- Chapter 8: Using the Windows PowerShell ISE
- Chapter 9: Working with Windows PowerShell Profiles
- Chapter 10: Using WMI
- Chapter 11: Querying WMI
- Chapter 12: Remoting WMI
- Chapter 13: Calling WMI Methods on WMI Classes
- Chapter 14: Using the CIM Cmdlets
- Chapter 15: Working with Active Directory
- Chapter 16: Working with the AD DS Module
- Chapter 17: Deploying Active Directory with Windows Server 2012
- Chapter 18: Debugging Scripts
- Chapter 19: Handling Errors
- Chapter 20: Managing Exchange Server
- Windows PowerShell Core Cmdlets
- Windows PowerShell Module Coverage
- Windows PowerShell Cmdlet Naming
- Windows PowerShell FAQ
- Useful WMI Classes
- Basic Troubleshooting Tips
- General PowerShell Scripting Guidelines
- About the Author
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
eBook (Watermarked) ?
Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUBThe open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBIThe eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDFThe popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.