Appropriate for students with a principles of economics or an intermediate microeconomics background, this text provides a comprehensive and engaging look at a variety of intriguing topics, including the effects of rising wages for women, the economic impacts of divorce, the child quantity-quality distinction, marriage subsidies, and the childcare market.
Table of Contents
2. Economics Tools and Economic Thinking
3. Marriage and the Family—An Economic Approach
4. Marriage and the Family—Economic Issues and Applications
5. The Economics of Fertility
6. Nonmarital and Teen Fertility
7. Women at Work
8. Women’s Earnings, Occupation, and Education—An Overview
9. The Gender Gap in Earnings: Explanations
10. The Gender Gap in Earnings: Methods and Evidence
11. Women's Employment and Earnings: Policy
12. Poverty, Welfare, and Women
13. Women, Taxes, and Social Security
14. Family Policy
15. Women in Developing Countries
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Women and the Economy: Family, Work, and Pay, CourseSmart eTextbook, 2nd Edition
Format: Electronic Book
$56.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-61302-8