Cutting-edge, comprehensive coverage with unique chronological approach within topical chapters
Women’s Lives: A Psychological Exploration draws on a wealth of the literature to present a rich range of experiences and issues of relevance to girls and women. This text offers the unique combination of a chronological approach to gender that is embedded within topical chapters. Cutting-edge and comprehensive, each chapter integrates current material on women differing in age, ethnicity, social class, nationality, sexual orientation and ableness.
The third edition reflects substantial changes in the field while maintaining its empirical focus through engaging writing, student activities, and critical thinking exercises. With over 2,100 new references emphasizing the latest research and theories, and for the first time, MySearchLab with eText, the authors continue to pique interests in psychology of women.
Upon completing this book, readers should be able to:
- Understand the diversity of women’s identities by examining extensive coverage of women of color, women in other cultures around the world, and sexual minority women
- Understand the issues and experiences relating to women in midlife and beyond
Note: MySearchLab with eText does not come automatically packaged with this text. To purchase the MySearchLab with eText, please visit: www.mySearchLab.com or you can purchase a ValuePack of the text + MySearchLab with eText (at no additional cost): ValuePack ISBN-10: 0205860575 / ValuePack ISBN-13: 9780205860579
Table of Contents
- Introduction to the Psychology of Women: History and Research
- Cultural Representations of Gender
- Gender Self-Concept and Gender Attitudes: Developmental Processes and Individual Differences
- Infancy, Childhood, and Adolescence
- Gender Comparisons: Social Behavior, Personality, Communication, and Cognition
- Reproductive System and Childbearing
- Education and Achievement
- Balancing Family and Work
- Physical Health
- Mental Health
- Violence Against Girls and Women
- A Feminist Future: Goals, Actions and Attitudes
This publication is not currently for sale.