Women’s Lives: A Psychological Exploration, 3/e, is the only psychology of women textbook that embeds a chronological approach within each topical chapter. This cutting-edge and comprehensive third edition integrates current scientific and social developments on women differing in age, ethnicity, social class, nationality, sexual orientation, and ableness.
In this edition, the latest scholarship on the multifaceted lives of girls and women is presented in an accessible, engaging style, with numerous student activities designed to promote critical thinking and research participation, and a new feature on social activism.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to the Psychology of Women: History and Research
- Cultural Representations of Gender
- Gender Self-Concept and Gender Attitudes: Developmental Processes and Individual Differences
- Infancy, Childhood, and Adolescence
- Gender Comparisons: Social Behavior, Personality, Communication, and Cognition
- Reproductive System and Childbearing
- Education and Achievement
- Balancing Family and Work
- Physical Health
- Mental Health
- Violence Against Girls and Women
- A Feminist Future: Goals, Actions and Attitudes
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Women's Lives: A Psychological Exploration, CourseSmart eTextbook, 3rd Edition
Format: Safari Book
$45.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-90711-3