Enhance your learning experience by purchasing this Online Course with the 5th edition of Words Their Way: Word Study for Phonics, Vocabulary, and Spelling Instruction. Go to: http://www.mypearsonstore.com/bookstore/product.asp?isbn=0558470009
To develop literacy skills like never before, co-authors Michelle Picard, Kristin Gehsmann, and David Picard join Donald Bear, Marcia Invernizzi, Shane Templeton, and Francine Johnston—authors of the popular word study method, Words Their Way™—to present educators with a selfpaced, interactive, professional development course designed to help primary, elementary, and middle grade teachers, as well as reading specialists, literacy coaches, facilitators, staff development trainers, and home school educators master the methodology of the Words Their Way™ word study approach for their students.
The Words Their Way Online Course for Teachers gives you:
- Access to the 2011 SIIA CODiE Award Winner for Best Professional Development Solution, Words Their Way Online Course for Teachers, which provides:
- Personal Training — provides self-paced practice on your own time.
- Individual Instructional Path — tailors the workshop specifically to your grade level or role in your school.
- Interactive Practice — features authentic classroom video, student spelling and writing samples, plus routines, methods and assessment activities.
- Immediate Feedback — includes an assessment module that tracks your responses to guide your mastery of the Words Their Way™ approach to word study.
- Once ordered, your access code will be mailed in 3-5 business days.
- The text is required for the course. You may use a previous edition; however, references will be made to the fifth edition of the text. To purchase a copy of Words Their Way: Word Study for Phonics, Vocabulary, and Spelling Instruction, 5/e, go to: http://www.mypearsonstore.com/bookstore/product.asp?isbn=0558470009
- Access to the Course expires one year after activation of the access code.
Table of Contents
Eight modules of the Words Their Way™ Online Course for Teachers accompany the chapters of the authors’ book.
The final module provides a course assessment for each of the four instructional paths.
- Overview of Developmental Spelling and Word Study Instruction
- Getting Started: The Assessment of Orthographic Development
- Organizing for Word Study: Principles and Practices
- Word Study for Learners in the Emergent Stage
- Word Study for Beginners in the Letter Name- Alphabetic Stage
- Word Study for Transitional Learners in the Within Word Pattern Stage
- Word Study for Intermediate Readers and Writers: The Syllables and Affixes Stage
- Word Study for Advanced Readers and Writers: The Derivational Relations Stage
- Course Assessment
Format: Custom Published Book
This publication is not currently for sale.