Enhance your learning experience by purchasing this Online Course with the 5th edition of Words Their Way: Word Study for Phonics, Vocabulary, and Spelling Instruction. Go to: http://www.mypearsonstore.com/bookstore/product.asp?isbn=0558470009
To view an online demonstration, visit: http://www.pearsoncustom.com/wtw/wtw_intro.swf.
To develop literacy skills like never before, author Michelle Picard with development team Kristin Gehsmann and David Picard join Donald Bear, Marcia Invernizzi, Shane Templeton, and Francine Johnston—authors of the popular word study method, Words Their Way™—to present educators with a self-paced, interactive, professional development workshop designed to help primary, elementary, and middle grade teachers, as well as reading specialists, literacy coaches, facilitators, staff development trainers, and home school educators master the methodology of the Words Their Way™ word study approach for their students.
The ground breaking Words Their Way™ Online Course for Teachers gives you:
- Personal Training — provides self-paced practice on your own time.
- Individual Instructional Path — tailors the workshop specifically to your grade level or role in your school.
- Interactive Practice — features authentic classroom video, student spelling and writing samples, plus routines, methods and assessment activities.
- Immediate Feedback — includes an assessment module that tracks your responses to guide your mastery of the Words Their Way™ approach to word study.
- 2011 SIIA CODiE Award Winner for Best Professional Development Solution
Words Their Way: Word Study for Phonics, Vocabulary, and Spelling Instruction, 5/e is required for this course. You may use a
previous edition; however, references will be made to the 5th edition of the Words Their Way text.
Please note: Your access code card will be mailed in 3-5 days upon ordering. Access to the Course expires one year after activation.
Table of Contents
Eight modules of the Words Their Way™ Online Course for Teachers accompany the chapters of the authors’ book.
The final module provides a course assessment for each of the four instructional paths.
- Overview of Developmental Spelling and Word Study Instruction
- Getting Started: The Assessment of Orthographic Development
- Organizing for Word Study: Principles and Practices
- Word Study for Learners in the Emergent Stage
- Word Study for Beginners in the Letter Name- Alphabetic Stage
- Word Study for Transitional Learners in the Within Word Pattern Stage
- Word Study for Intermediate Readers and Writers: The Syllables and Affixes Stage
- Word Study for Advanced Readers and Writers: The Derivational Relations Stage
- Course Assessment