WORKBOOK FOR THE FASHION DESIGNER: THE COMPLETE GUIDE TO FASHION ILLUSTRATION brings together comprehensive and easy-to-understand step-by-step instructions for the core aspects of fashion illustration, including figure variation examples, preparing beginning students to grow within their own styles and eventually master advanced professional techniques. The author provides progressive instructional content for a 16 week course, showing instructors who are not professional illustrators exactly “how to do it," with detailed instructions and fully illustrated basic figure details and variations. It emphasizes stylized garment drawings, simplified fashion drawing processes, practical usage, and skills that can be learned easily at students’ own pace. All chapters are fully illustrated and gradually progress to rendering as students’ skills develop.
Table of Contents
1. Understanding Body Proportion
2. Eyes. Nose. Mouth. Ears. Head
3. Hands. Arms. Feet. Legs
5. Fashion Poses-I Weight on One Leg Poses
6. Fashion Poses-II Three Quarter View Poses
7. Fashion Poses-III Variations
8. Garment Rendering: Tops
9. Garment Rendering: Bottoms
10. Garment Rendering: Jackets. Coats
11. Detailing Rendering: Drapery
12. Texture Rendering: Sheer. Lace. Satin
13. Texture Rendering: Patterns. Prints
14. Texture Rendering: Fur. Knits
15. Shoes. Handbags. Hats
16. Men. Children
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$38.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-307485-7