For courses in business writing, business communication, professional writing and technical communication.
This modern text outlines a simple solution for producing all forms of workplace communication–one that focuses on how to effectively plan, package and perfect oral and written communication. Its accessible, four-color design is illustrated with interesting scenarios and examples featuring real people, real communication challenges and real resolutions to those challenges. With its contemporary approach, it covers trends for electronic, hard-copy and oral communication and includes substantive illustrations that show before/after samples and writer annotations. Innovative end-of-chapter exercises are designed for a variety of learners and include degree-specific assignments that reinforce career-related communication techniques.
Table of Contents
1. Communicating in the Workplace
2. Collaborating in the Workplace
3. Meeting the Needs of the Audience
4. Planning Workplace Communication
5. Packaging Workplace Communication through Effective Document Design
6. Perfecting Workplace Communication
7. Oral Presentations and Nonverbal Communication in the Workplace
8. Visual Aids in the Workplace
9. Electronic Communication: E-Mail Messages, Instant Messages, Text Messages, and Blogging
10. Traditional Correspondence: Memos and Letters
11. Employment Communication: Resumes, Application Letters, Interviewing, and Follow-Up Letters
12. Communicating Bad News in the Workplace
13. Persuasive Workplace Communication
14. Designing Web Sites
15. Descriptions, Process Analyses, and Instructions
16. Research and Documentation
17. Short, Informal Reports
18. Long, Formal Reports
19. Internal and External Proposals
Appendix: Grammar, Punctuation, Mechanics, and Spelling
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$53.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-505618-9