World Regions in Global Context presents a strong global sensibility and an emphasis on current concerns, with models of interdependent development, spatial and social inequality, and questions of spatial justice. The authors maintain that regions are the outcomes of a set of twin forces of globalization and regionalization. Therefore, each regional chapter stresses the global systems of connection that drive unique regional processes, making regions different. By studying regions, students not only learn the critical elements of different places, but also come to understand the fundamental processes that drive change. The Fifth Edition discusses geographies of emerging regions, incorporates cutting-edge data visualizations and infographics, including Quick Response codes linking to online media, features a completely modernized cartography program, and much more.
Table of Contents
1. World Regions in Global Context
3. The Russian Federation, Central Asia, and the Transcaucasus
4. Middle East and North Africa
5. Sub-Saharan Africa
6. The United States and Canada
7. Latin America
8. East Asia
9. South Asia
10. Southeast Asia
11. Australia, New Zealand, and the South Pacific
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Package ISBN-13: 9780134662237
Includes this title packaged with:
- Modified MasteringGeography with Pearson eText -- ValuePack Access Card -- for World Regions in Global Context: Peoples, Places, and Environments, 6th Edition
Sallie A. Marston, Paul L. Knox, Diana M. Liverman, Vincent Del Casino, Paul F. Robbins
$196.80 | Add to Cart
Format: Alternate Binding
This item has been upgraded to World Regions in Global Context: Peoples, Places, and Environments, 6th Edition.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$75.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-90608-3
$75.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-86053-8
$45.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-84132-2
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$76.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-86232-7
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$128.40 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-86240-2