Best-selling author Larry J. Sabato once again brings together the nation's most perceptive analysts and shrewdest observers of American politics to analyze our most recent election: the historic election of Barack Obama to the presidency of the United States.
This revealing new book by Larry Sabato and his team of experts contains exciting coverage and trenchant commentary on the most stunning election of our time. Peeling back the layers of the political, social, and demographic trends that helped thrust Barack Obama into the Oval Office, the authors of this book toss aside conventional wisdom about 2008 and substitute thoughtful, deeper - and until now, ignored - interpretations of the events and environment that elected our new president.
Table of Contents
1. Conventions: The Significance of an American Institution
2. The Election of Our Lifetime
3. From Republican Lock to Republican Lockout
4. How Obama Won and What It Means
5. The Congressional and Gubernatorial Candidates
6. The Impact of Federal Election Law in 2008
7. Media in the 2008 Election: 21st Century Campaign
8. The New Media Environment and the 2008 Election
9. New Technology and the 2008 Election
10. Did the Rules Decide?
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Year of Obama, The: How Barack Obama Won the White Housee, CourseSmart eTextbook
Format: Safari Book
$9.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-75776-3