Your Early Childhood Practicum and Student Teaching Experience: Guidelines for Success is designed for students who are assuming the responsibilities of teaching young children while receiving guidance and supervision. Students may be taking part in a variety of student teaching experiences. These may include capstone courses for one-year certificate programs and for associate degree programs, practicum experiences in a community college setting, as well as traditional early childhood programs in a four-year university setting. This text offers both theory and practical application to guide each student to a successful conclusion of the practicum and student teaching experience.
New to this Edition!
- Current information on national and state standards
- Reauthorization of No Child Left Behind
- Assessment of ALL children
- Diverse family structures and family systems such as grandparent-headed families, families with one or more LGBT parents, military families, single parent families, and families experiencing poverty
- Expanded focus on inclusion and working with children who have special needs and their families
- Expanded focus on professional behavior
- Lesson planning with sample formats
- Electronic portfolio development and expanded portfolio activities
- Helpful web sites on each topic
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$19.60 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-715291-9