Updated it in its 7th edition, Case Histories in International Politics presents 20 original case studies to offer a historical perspective for better analyzing world affairs. Providing in-depth historical illustrations of core concepts in international relations, this casebook surveys major events in the 20th and 21st centuries and highlights both enduring and emerging problems. Case Histories in International Politics looks beyond current events to help readers make meaningful comparisons between what happened in the past and what is happening now.
Table of Contents
*Cases new to the seventh edition.
Chapter 1. Rationality: The Cuban Missile Crisis
Chapter 2. The National Interest: The US Response to the 9/11 Attacks
*Chapter 3. The Balance of Power: China-India-Pakistan
*Chapter 4. Alliance: The Post-Cold War Role of NATO
Chapter 5. Military Power: The Persian Gulf Wars of 1991 and 2003
Chapter 6. Intervention: Bosnia
Chapter 7. Terrorism: Al Qaeda
Chapter 8. Human Security: The HIV/AIDS Pandemic
*Chapter 9. Feminist International Relations Theory: Women and Security
*Chapter 10. Democratic Peace Theory: Foreign Aid
Chapter 11. Nationalism: The Conflict in the Caucasus
Chapter 12. Collective Goods: The Kyoto Protocol and Climate Change
Chapter 13. Economic Interdependence: North-South Trade Conflict
Chapter 14. Globalization: Sweatshops and Outsourcing
Chapter 15. Economic Regionalism: The European Union
Chapter 16. Decolonization and Development: India’s Rise
*Chapter 17. Global Governance: The Great Recession
*Chapter 18. The Information Age: Rebellion in the Arab World
*Chapter 19. International Law: The International Criminal Court
*Chapter 20. Human Rights: The Struggle Against Human Trafficking
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$28.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-92160-7