Table of Contents
I. FOUNDATIONS OF GOVERNMENT
1. The Political Landscape
2. The Constitution
4. Civil Liberties
5. Civil Rights
II. INSTITUTIONS OF GOVERNMENT
7. The Presidency
8. The Executive Branch and the Federal Bureaucracy
9. The Judiciary
III. POLITICAL BEHAVIOR
10. Public Opinion and the News Media
11. Political Parties and Interest Groups
12. Campaigns, Elections, and Voting
IV. PUBLIC POLICY
13. Social and Economic Policy
14. Foreign and Defense Policy
IV. TEXAS GOVERNMENT
15. The Context for Texas Politics and Government
16. The Texas Constitution
17. Local Government and Politics in Texas
18. The Texas Legislature
19. The Governor and Bureaucracy in Texas
20. The Texas Judiciary
21. Political Parties, Interest Groups, Elections, and Campaigns in Texas
The Declaration of Independence
Federalist No. 10
Federalist No. 51
Federalist No. 78
Presidents, Congresses, and Chief Justices: 1789-2010
Enhance your learning experience with text-specific study materials.
$35.00 | Buy Access
Format: Alternate Binding
This item has been upgraded to Essentials of American Government, Texas Edition, 11th Edition.
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$57.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-82628-5
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$94.67 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-82577-6