A student-centered and practical approach to learning
This book provides timely, practical, and high-interest information about marriages, families, and intimate relationships, in an engaging format that is easy to use and learn from.
Marriages, Families, & Intimate Relationships: A Practical Introduction discusses fundamental concepts and insights from across the social sciences. It also attempts to engage students with high- interest, useful information and to answer the questions that matter greatly to them.
A better teaching and learning experience
This program will provide a better teaching and learning experience—for you and your students. Here’s how:
- Personalize Learning — MySocLab delivers proven results in helping students succeed, provides engaging experiences that personalize learning, and comes from a trusted partner with educational expertise and a deep commitment to helping students and instructors achieve their goals.
- Improve Critical Thinking — Questions and self-assessment help students think critically about content, engage in class discussions, and make connections to their personal lives.
- Engage Students — Student-focused features and a visually appealing design keep students interested.
- Explore Theory — High-interest information combined with the most current research provides a sociological focus to the text.
- Support Instructors — MySocLab enables instructors to assess student progress and adapt course material to meet the specific needs of the class.
Note: MySocLab does not come automatically packaged with this text. To purchase MySocLab, please visit:
Table of Contents
Chapter 2: UNDERSTANDING: Learning about Intimate Behavior
Chapter 3: GENDER: The Meanings of Masculinity & Femininity
Chapter 4: INVOLVEMENT: Dating, Pairing, & Courtship
Chapter 5: LOVE: The Many Faces
Chapter 6: COMMUNICATION: Realizing Effective Intimacy
Chapter 7: SEXUALITY: Interpersonal Sexuality, Sexual Values, & Behavior
Chapter 8: MARRIAGE: The Ultimate Commitment?
Chapter 9: VARIATIONS: Nonmarital Families & Households
Chapter 10: REPRODUCTION: Decisions about Having or Not Having Children
Chapter 11: PARENTING: Children, Families, & Generations
Chapter 12: WORK: Economics, Jobs, & Balancing Family Demands
Chapter 13: CRISES: Managing Stress, Disaster, Violence, & Abuse
Chapter 14: UNCOUPLING: Separation & Divorce
Chapter 15: REMARRIAGE: Renewed & Blended Families
- Human Sexual Response
- Sexual Dysfunctions
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Reducing Risks of Acquiring STDs
- Contraceptive Choices
This item has been upgraded to Marriages, Families and Intimate Relationships, Book a La Carte Edition, 4th Edition.