NOTE: This edition features the exact same content as the traditional text in a convenient, three-hole-punched, loose-leaf version. Books a la Carte also offer a great value for your students–this format costs 35% less than a new textbook. Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Natural Hazards uses real-life examples of hazards and disasters to explore how and why they happen—and what we can do to limit their effects. The text’s up-to-date coverage of recent disasters brings a fresh perspective to the material.
The Fourth Edition provides a new active learning approach, a fully updated visual program and revised pedagogy tools that highlight hallmark concepts of the text. Students have access to an updated Hazard City, an online media resource which gives instructors meaningful, easy-to-assign, and easy-to-grade assignments in which students investigate virtual disasters in the fictional town of Hazard City.
This program will provide an interactive and engaging learning experience for your students. Here’s how:
- Provide a balanced approach to the study of natural hazards: Focus on globalization of our economy, information access, and human effects on our planet in a broader, more balanced approach to the study of natural hazards.
- Engage your students with “Hazard City": Students work through 11 different assignments by stepping into the role of a practicing geologist and analyzing potential disasters in the fictional town of Hazard City.
- Enhance understanding and comprehension of natural hazards: Newly revised stories and case studies give students a behind the scenes glimpse into the lives of survivors, professionals and hazardous events.
- Strong pedagogy tools reinforce the text’s core features: The new chapter structure and design organizes the material into three major sections to help students learn, digest, and review learning objectives.
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Package ISBN-13: 9780133931525
Includes this title packaged with:
- Hazard City for MasteringGeology -- Standalone Access Card -- for Hazard City, 5th Edition
. . Pearson Education
$73.73 | Add to Cart