Table of Contents
2 Heat, Work, Internal Energy, Enthalpy, and the First Law of Thermodynamics
3 The Importance of State Functions: Internal Energy and Enthalpy
5 Entropy and the Second and Third Laws of Thermodynamics
6 Chemical Equilibrium
7 The Properties of Real Gases
8 Phase Diagrams and the Relative Stability of Solids, Liquids, and Gases
9 Ideal and Real Solutions
10 Electrolyte Solutions
11 Electrochemical Cells, Batteries, and Fuel Cells
12 From Classical to Quantum Mechanics
13 The Schrödinger Equation
14 The Quantum Mechanical Postulates
15 Using Quantum Mechanics on Simple Systems
16 The Particle in the Box and the Real World
17 Commuting and Noncommuting Operators and the Surprising Consequences of Entanglement
18 A Quantum Mechanical Model for the Vibration and Rotation of Molecules
19 The Vibrational and Rotational Spectroscopy of Diatomic Molecules
20 The Hydrogen Atom
21 Many-Electron Atoms
22 Quantum States for Many- Electron Atoms and Atomic Spectroscopy
23 The Chemical Bond in Diatomic Molecules
24 Molecular Structure and Energy Levels for Polyatomic Molecules
25 Electronic Spectroscopy
26 Computational Chemistry
27 Molecular Symmetry
28 Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy
30 The Boltzmann Distribution
31 Ensemble and Molecular Partition Functions
32 Statistical Thermodynamics
33 Kinetic Theory of Gases
34 Transport Phenomena
35 Elementary Chemical Kinetics
36 Complex Reaction Mechanisms
Enhance your learning experience with text-specific study materials.
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$115.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-81219-3
$115.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-97396-2
$68.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-97395-5
$68.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-81216-2
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$156.87 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-81534-7